Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happiness

I asked my Facebook followers on Friday if I could take a photo for them this weekend what would they like to see. Some of the responses I could not fulfil unfortunately.


However, Blythe said "happiness" and it got me thinking. My weekends are normally spent running around and the question of what happiness is, was at first quite hard. My mind wandered to travel, sleep, a coffee, relaxation amongst others. All of this was gone as I wanted to see people that I hadn't for a while.


My first destination was dinner on Friday night and I won't share the photo for fear of retribution ;) but I must say that the happiness that the parents show looking at their new baby is quite wonderful.


My second visit was to my best friends house where happiness became abundantly obvious in the form of three little girls.
Relationships and sharing our lives I think make us happy. Given, they can also bring other emotions but it was clear from my friends little girl that the simplicity of dressing up and playing with friends was bringing her happiness.


Seeing the world through young and old peoples eyes is quite simple really, it brings us back to basics. I went to visit my Grandfather today and wondered what makes him happy. He likes structure, organisation and to know that everyone in his family is happy. He keeps a calendar and can probably tell us all what we are, were or want to do at any given time when we forget in the business of life. The calendar is good for him as he has something to look forward to and is generally always happy to see us.


Last destination was lunch at my fathers house and shadow the little jack russell always appreciates a pat and hug, that is happiness for him :) he repays me in kisses..very cute.


I do hope you feel the happiness I felt as I spent my weekend with close friends and family.

No comments: